- Parent Portal
- About Us
- Registration Information
Assistant Teacher I
Trumbull Loves Children is looking for qualified candidates to work as Assistant Teachers to our Site Directors for the 2017/2018 school year. If interested please go to the forms section on our website and print the employment application. It can then be mailed to Human Resources for review.
1. BASIC FUNCTION
Responsible for providing direct supervision of TLC children, ensuring their safety and overseeing their activities. May act as Site Director in his/her absence.
2. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
40% - Supervision of Children - On a daily basis, provides immediate supervision and guidance to children of the Center. This includes:
· Be a positive role model for children and staff by enforcing TLC center procedures.
· Enforce procedures which are site specific.
· Interact with children and use positive techniques to guide their behavior.
· Perform child attendance in accordance with TLC policies and procedures to ensure all children are accounted for at all times.
· Monitor all activities to ensure a safe, clean and controlled environment for children. Maintain adequate staffing ratios at all times in each licensed area.
· Appropriately document all center incidents and accidents.
20% - Implementation and Development of Program Content – Implement and assist in the development of activities for a specific center. This includes:
· Monitoring activities on a daily basis, engaging in age appropriate activities
· Lead activities as assigned by the Site Director.
· Assist Site Director in the development of some program activities.
20% - Communication – Communicate with parents and other staff to ensure any issues or concerns are adequately addressed. This includes:
· Interacting with parents on a daily basis to address general concerns or specific child incident/activity.
· Read the center log book daily and document issues or concerns as appropriate.
15% - Center Supervision – Acts as Site Director in his her absence, providing supervision and guidance to staff in line with center policies and practices. Refers significant issues to TLC Office where local response may be inadequate to resolve problems.
5% - Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Requires a minimum of 6 to 12 months of experience in a related field.
Must be certified in an approved Pediatric First Aid and Safety Course, Administration of Medication including Injectables, Adult, Infant and Child CPR.